Jumia Online Shopping: Everything You Need to Know
With over 10 million fans on Facebook, Jumia is arguably the top online shopping site in Nigeria and Jumia online shopping experience is one of the best in the country.
The company was founded in 2012 in Lagos by Jeremy Hodara and Sacha Poignonnec, co-founders and co-CEOs of Jumia, and they have redefined the way Nigerians do their shopping since they launched.
Jumia, formerly known as Africa Internet Group (AIG), is an ecosystem of online commerce, marketplaces and classifieds websites and applications. [Wikipedia].
Since its launch, Jumia has expanded into other countries with presence in 23 countries now, most of them being African countries.
Jumia has received numerous awards for their efforts in shaping online shopping in Nigeria and Africa. Some of these awards include e-Commerce Website of the Year (Beacon of ICT Award), World Retail Awards 2013 (an award that was previously held by the likes of ASOS and Zappos), and many other awards.
Jumia offer a lot of services such as Jumia Market (a classified site where you can list your item for sale), Jumia Travel (a platform you can use to book hotel reservation), Jumia Food (online restaurant), Jumia Car (a classified site dedicated to cars). But their main focus is their eCommerce website where you can shop wide range of products, from fashion to electronics, books, toys, groceries and many more.
Jumia Online Shop
Like we already said, Jumia main focus is their eCommerce shop.
Jumia online shop receives millions of visitors monthly and it is the 8th most popular sites in Nigeria according to Alexa website traffic ranking.
Jumia product offering is next to non. This is due to the fact that Jumia is a marketplace where other merchants, both home and abroad, can sell their products, with most of them being fulfilled by Jumia.
With Jumia online shopping, you can shop from a wide range of product categories. This includes but not limited to:
- Phones and Tablets
- Home and Office
- Baby, Kids and Toys
- TVs and Electronics
- Health and Beauty
- Watches and Sunglasses
- Games and Consoles
How to Shop on Jumia
Shopping on Jumia is quite simple and here is how:
1. First you need to visit Jumia.com.ng or download Jumia mobile app from your phone app phone store.
2. Look for the item you want to purchase. You can browse by category or you can enter a keyword or product name on the search box to help you find the item faster.
3. Click “Buy Now” to add the item to cart and click “checkout” when you are done shopping.
4. On the cart page, click “proceed to checkout” to complete your order or click on “continue shopping if you still want to add more items.
You can also adjust the quantity of the item here.
5. You will be taken to login page if you are not logged in already. From there you can login or create account if you don’t have one already.
6. Select/enter the location where you want the order to be shipped to.
7. Review your order and click “save & continue” to proceed to payment.
8. Select your preferred payment option and click “confirm order” to complete payment. You can also apply coupon code here to help you reduce the price if you have one. (Quick tip: your can find latest working Jumia coupons and promos here).
Once you are done with payment, your order will be processed and shipped to your selected location.
Payment Options on Jumia
Payment on Jumia online shop is as simple as it can get.
Jumia online shopping offer a lot of payment options for your convince. Payment options available on Jumia are:
- online payment via ATM cards (MasterCard, Verve, and Visa),
- payment via bank transfer (JumiaPay) and
- cash/payment on delivery (COD).
Some things to note about Jumia Cash on Delivery payment option:
- Cash on Delivery option is not available for all locations.
- Not all merchant offer cash on delivery payment option.
- If the total price of items in your cart is lower than NGN 1,500 or above NGN 200,000, Cash on Delivery option wont be available to you.
- Items shipped from over see are excluded from Cash on Delivery option.
Jumia Delivery and Shipping
Orders placed on Jumia are processed and are ready for shipment as quickly as possible (usually with 24 hours). One of Jumia’s strength is their on-time delivery.
Here are Jumia delivery time frame:
- Orders within Lagos are usually delivered within 1-3 business days, with option same day delivery at a higher shipping cost.
- Orders outside Lagos are usually delivered within 3-7 business days.
- Orders from oversea are usually delivered within 6-22 business days.
Jumia delivers to your doorstep or you can pick up your item at their pickup station near you. Pickup Station delivery lowers your shipping price by a reasonable amount.
Jumia Customer Support
Jumia customer support is available to you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week via phone (0700-600-0000), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook chat and via their twitter handle.
Product Prices on Jumia Online Shop
Thanks to their ever growing partnership with top brands in Nigeria and the competing nature of their marketplace, you can get most products on Jumia at the best possible price. This means you get to enjoy the best prices on products with Jumia online shopping, and you can easily compare product prices as well.
Jumia Online Shopping Deals
Jumia offer a lot of deals and promotion that will help you save big when shopping on their site. And here at VoucheerCode.ng, our job is to find these amazing deals and bring them to you so that you don’t miss out on any of them.
You can browse our Jumia coupon page and our Jumia Black Friday deals page to find the latest Jumia deals and promotion that will help get some discounts on the products you want to buy.
With expansion into 23 countries already, it is easy to predict that Jumia will only continue to grow and continue to expand and evolve their service to serve customers better.
I hope this post was able to give you a clear understanding of what Jumia is and what to expect with Jumia online shopping.
Have you shopped on Jumia? Help other make intelligent decisions by dropping your Jumia review and rating in the comment below.